- The vision of KhelAdhikar is to publish analytical articles which pertain to Indian sports law and policy. On the other hand, a comment on the impact of global developments on Indian sports or a comparative analysis with laws of other jurisdictions will certainly be appreciated.
- The aim of the blog is threefold-
(a) To spread the word on the magnitude and type of reforms required in sports and related aspects in India.
(b) To overcome the dearth of easy to access, original sports law analysis in the country. (c) To reach out to policymakers and other such position holders who may affect a change in India’s sporting scenario.
Therefore, the editorial board will pay weight to original analysis, be it positive or reformative, along with concrete recommendations to support the same.
While a lot of legal analysis in articles derives itself from theories and principles, they may be insufficient to complete the aforementioned vision. Hence, we recommend direct references to Indian laws, policies, cases, conferences and government documents.
- If there is an idea or topic you wish to write upon and would like to discuss it beforehand you may write to email@example.com.
- The length of the submissions should be roughly around 1500-2500 words. Lengthier submissions will be published in parts. It is important to note that we do not strictly adhere to the word limit. Shorter articles can be published as long as they do not compromise on research and analysis.
- Footnotes should be avoided unless absolutely necessary. Instead, the sources must be hyperlinked in the text itself. In case of multiple footnotes, we do not prescribe to any citation format, uniformity will suffice.
- Co-authorship is limited to three authors.
- The submissions are to be made in Microsoft Word to firstname.lastname@example.org. The editorial process will take a maximum of 2 weeks. Please note that not accepting an article for publication is not a comment on the quality of the article and may purely be a subjective assessment as to whether it fits with KhelAdhikar’s goals.
- The email must also contain the name, designation, contact information of the author and a link to their LinkedIn profile (if any).
- Authors are encouraged to summarize the substance of their post in a short initial paragraph of 50-150 words.
- Submissions should be the original work of the contributor. Submissions published elsewhere will only be posted after a written confirmation from the editorial board of that publication.
- Submissions should not contain offensive, abusive, derogatory or potentially defamatory content.
In making a submission to the KhelAdhikar, the contributor:
- warrants that the work is original and all requisite permissions to publish it have been taken;
- consents to the publication of the article on KhelAdhikar and
- consents to purely editorial changes.
We look forward to collaborating with you!